Air fryer apple crisp is a simple and delicious fall dessert!
Sweet cinnamon apples are air-fried under an oat streusel topping until crispy and golden brown!
Now this classic recipe can be cooked in the air fryer with perfect results!
Amazing Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- Easy & low fat! Powerful Ninja, Nuwave, or Cuisinart air fryers cook with little to no fat and in less time than using the oven!
- Apple crisp is a healthy and wholesome alternative to store-bought baked desserts that the whole family will appreciate!
- Budget-friendly apple crisp uses ingredients you likely already have and is ready in minutes for last-minute movie nights or sleepovers!
Ingredients and Variations
Apples – Granny Smiths are best for this recipe because hold their shape well, stay firm after cooking, and their tart flavor pairs well with the sweet crumbly topping.
If using frozen apples, simply add an extra minute to the cooking time.
Streusel Topping – Use rolled oats instead of quick-cooking or instant for that extra bit of crunch. Use almond flour instead of regular flour for a gluten-free treat.
Variations – Add some dried cranberries or fresh blueberries to the apple mixture.
How to Make Air Fryer Apple Crisp
It’s so easy to make this classic dessert in the air fryer!
- Mix apples, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Transfer to a pan and cover with foil.
- Cook until the apples start to soften (as per the recipe below).
- Remove foil, sprinkle on oat topping, and continue to cook until the topping is golden.
Storing Leftover Apple Crisp
Apple crisp is a delicious dish on its own, but can also be served with vanilla ice cream or served on top of waffles or pancakes!
Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat in the air fryer until warmed through. Chop up leftover apple crisp to make hand pies.
Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- 4 cups peeled and sliced apples about 4-5 small apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Mix apples, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Transfer to an 8-inch round pan (or dish that fits in your air fryer) and cover with foil.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until apples are starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter.
- Remove the foil, top the apples with the oat mixture and cook uncovered for an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until the topping is golden.
Ensure your dish fits in the air fryer; adjust times for different dish sizes. Apple crisp will keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!