Air Fryer Oatmeal Cookies are quick and easy, and just as good as oven-baked cookies!
Get chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from the air fryer in minutes! Make this homemade recipe with an easy-to-assemble dough that can be saved in the refrigerator for hot, fresh, and fast cookies at any time.
Air Fryer Oatmeal Cookies
PIN IT to your DESSERTS & BAKING board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
20 Min Easy & Delicious Cookies
- Homemade cookies in 20 minutes? Yes, please! The air fryer bakes up cookies just in time for game night, movie night, or anytime a snack attack hits!
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are healthier alternatives to store-bought ones and can be made in minutes. Make them with less sugar or use your favorite sugar alternative for the same results.
- Make ice cream sandwiches by pressing vanilla ice cream between two oatmeal cookies and wrapping them in plastic wrap until frozen.
Ingredients & Variations
OATS: Quick-cooking oats absorb moisture faster and will hold the cookies together better than rolled oats.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Semi-sweet chocolate chips have a mild flavor and a higher fat content that makes them super melty in oatmeal cookies. White chocolate chips are colorful and tasty, as are peanut butter chips and toffee chips.
MIX-INS: Raisins are a classic in oatmeal cookies but can be replaced with chopped cranberries or chopped walnuts for equally delicious results! An oatmeal chocolate chip cookie purist? Forgo the raisins and add more chocolate chips!
Avoid overstuffing the cookie dough as it won’t stay together while it bakes in the air fryer.
How to Make Oatmeal Cookies in the Air Fryer
Air fryer cookies are so easy to make!
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture (per the recipe below). Fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
- Bake cookies until they are browned on the edges.
PRO TIP: Due to the heat of the air fryer, subsequent batches may need less than the full 6 – 9 minutes to bake.
Best Air Fryer Cookie Tips
- For best results, avoid overmixing the dough to keep the air mixed in for high-rising cookies.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before air frying so the cookies spread evenly and are perfectly chewy on the inside
More Cookie Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies – perfectly soft and chewy
- Air Fryer Blueberry Cookies – viral tik tok cookies!
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Unicorn Cookies – ready in under 20 minutes
- Vortex Air Fryer Lemon Sugar Cookies – made lemon juice and zest!
Air Fryer Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg large, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour + 2 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat air fryer to 325°F without parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Add a bit at a time to the egg mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
- Place tablespoons of cookie dough on a small piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket about 1" apart.
- Air fry for 6-9 minutes or just until golden on the edges. Repeat with remaining dough, subsequent batches may take 1 minute less.