Who knew that the air fryer can make these super easy, soft, and chewy Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Red velvet cookies with chocolate chips are so unique yet so simple to make in the air fryer. No need for a holiday to make and share. Make a sweet treat for your Valentine without even turning on the oven with this easy recipe.
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
PIN IT to your DESSERTS & BAKING board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Easy Air Fryer Dessert
- Need a last-minute sweet treat? Whip up a homemade batch of cookies in minutes with minimal clean-up. Even the kids can help out!
- A basic cookie recipe with basic ingredients and a splash of red food coloring is all it takes. Let the air fryer work its magic.
Ingredients & Variations
COOKIE DOUGH Eggs, flour, butter, sugar, and vanilla make the foundation for red velvet chocolate chip cookies and the addition of milk keeps them extra soft and chewy during the baking process. For a little seasonal inspiration try these fun variations:
- Green food coloring with a dash of mint extract
- Orange food coloring with a dash of maple extract
- Yellow food coloring with a dash of banana extract
ADD-INS: White chocolate chips provide the most colorful contrast in this recipe, but mini dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, toffee pieces, mini M&M’s, toasted coconut, or chopped walnuts or pecans are all great additions.
PRO TIP: Toast coconut or nuts in a dry pan until barely fragrant. This cooks off the extra oils and intensifies their flavor!
How to Make Red Velvet Cookies in the Air Fryer
It’s super easy to make red velvet cookies in the air fryer!
- Whisk dry ingredients together in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into balls and bake in the air fryer (per recipe below).
These tasty cookies will disappear as quickly as you can bake them, but be sure not to overcrowd your air fryer basket to ensure that they cook correctly!
Tips for Soft Chewy Cookies
- Add the red food coloring in by drops until the perfect level of pink or red is achieved.
- Keep cookie portions in uniform sizes so they bake at the same rate and allow enough air between them for a perfect result.
- For best results, avoid over-baking the cookies so they stay soft and moist after they are cooled.
- Avoid overloading the cookie dough with too many add-ins so the cookies stay together.
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
More Air Fryer Cookie Recipes
- Air Fryer Tik Tok Blueberry Cookies
- Air Fryer Oatmeal Cookies
- Vortex Air Fryer Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Unicorn Cookies
- Air Fryer Oatmeal Cookies
Air Fryer Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cups butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- red food coloring add little by little for your desired color
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 325°F on BAKE.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar for 5 minutes. (It will become white and fluffy)
- After, add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract and continue to whisk. Add food coloring. (Do not forget to put little by little for your desired color.)
- Finally, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- As soon as it becomes dough, cover it with plastic wrap, and put it in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- Take some dough with a spoon or with your hand, roll it into a ball, and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Make uniform cookie portions so they bake at the same rate.
- Evenly space to allow enough air to circulate between them for the best results.