Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is a quick and easy side dish or main course!
Delicately flavored spaghetti squash roasts up super tender in the air fryer. This recipe preps it to serve on its own or to add to other recipes (low-carb noodles, anyone)? Make it as a side dish seasoned with butter or add it to a soup, stew, or casserole. Or make it a main in place of spaghetti in this hearty Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce or by making these delicious Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Bowls.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Cooking spaghetti squash in the air fryer is such an easy way to make it! Minimal prep and cleanup mean it gets on the table fast.
- Affordable spaghetti squash is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber as well as a great substitute for carb-heavy pasta in recipes. It’s one of the best foods to get kids to eat their veggies, too!
- Here are some other air fryer squash-themed delish dishes to try. Try it stuffed Air Fryer Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Bowls & Guilt Free Spaghetti, in individual portions Air Fryer Mini Squash Soufflé, as fritters, Air Fryer Summer Squash Fritters, as a hearty main dish with sausage Air Fryer Butternut Squash and Sausage, or as a fun appetizer Air Fryer Zucchini Skins. Here’s the ultimate guide to cooking Best Air Fryer Veggie Recipes.
Ingredients & Variations
SEASONINGS: If serving as a stand-alone side or main dish, air fryer spaghetti squash can be seasoned with any variety of flavors! Pre-made mixes like taco, chili, or ranch seasoning will make this a new dish every time!
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in Air Fryer
It’s easy to make this healthy side:
- Cut spaghetti squash vertically and scoop out the seeds.
- Season with oil, and salt, and pepper, and cook in preheated air fryer (per recipe below).
- Remove from the air fryer and scrape a fork along the flesh creating long strands.
Tips & Tricks
- It’s okay to cut the spaghetti squash into pieces that will fit your brand of air fryer, the strands won’t be as long but still as delicious.
- Avoid cooking a whole spaghetti squash as it might not cook all the way through. We recommend cutting it in half at least.
- Check for doneness by piercing the flesh with a fork before removing it from the air fryer basket. It should slide in and out easily. Otherwise, cook it a few more minutes.
What to Serve with Squash
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Roast Beef– a delicious classic
- Air Fryer Pork Bites – small and juicy
- Vortex Air Fryer Brown Sugar Pork Chops – sweet and hard to resist
- Instant Pot Beef Brisket – tender and juicy
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash 3 lbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Coat the cut side of the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place them in the air fryer cut side up and cook for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove from the air fryer and scrape the flesh with a fork creating long strands.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!