Make this creamy and delish Air Fryer Butternut Squash recipe in under 30 minutes!
The air fryer takes dense veggies like butternut squash and cooks them up into a tender, creamy, sweet side dish that’s ready to serve in minutes. This popular winter squash is loaded with healthy antioxidants and fiber with a mild, nutty flavor that makes it a perfect vegetarian entrée, or a hearty side. Or it can be added to a soup, stew, or casserole.
Air Fryer Butternut Squash
PIN IT to your SIDE DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Squash
- This super easy recipe uses only 5 ingredients and is ready in 2 steps.
- Minimal prep, cook time, and clean-up make air fryer butternut squash a recipe winner all around.
- Adjust levels of cinnamon and sugar to suit your sweet tooth. The brown sugar will caramelize over the cubes giving them a sweet, crispy exterior.
Ingredients & Variations
SQUASH Butternut squash is a tan-colored, bulb-shaped, heavy winter squash that has multiple uses. It’s easy, nutritious, and delicious!
SEASONINGS Brown sugar and cinnamon complement the mild, nutty flavor of butternut squash. Butter or bacon grease can replace the oil and a splash of vanilla extract will give the squash a richer, deeper flavor.
How to Cook Butternut Squash in Air Fryer
Butternut squash is simple to make in the air fryer.
- Peel squash, scoop out the seeds, and cut into cubes.
- Toss cubes with olive oil and seasonings.
- Roast in the air fryer until the squash is tender (as per the recipe below).
Tips & Tricks
- The air fryer works best when heated air can circulate around the food, so be sure not to overfill the air fryer basket.
- Shake the air fryer halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking.
- Poke holes in the squash and microwave for about 3 minutes to make the squash easier to cut and peel.
- If cooking in batches, keep them warm in the oven and then add them all back into the air fryer to reheat.
Favorite Squash Recipes
- Air Fryer Sausage and Butternut Squash– a meal in one!
- Vortex Air Fryer Mini Squash Soufflé – light and airy
- Vortex Air Fryer Summer Squash Fritters – crispy and delightful
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup – comforting and creamy!
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash – perfect side or main course
Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- 1 small butternut squash 1" dice (4-5 cups)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Peel the squash and scoop seeds out with a spoon, chop squash into 1 inch pieces.
- Toss squash with oil and seasonings and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!