Give this Cornbread Muffin Recipe a pat of butter, and let it melt into these savory and delicious muffins.
Because nothing is better than warm muffins from the oven or in this case the Air Fryer. Or better yet, serve these as a side for soup or chili and this will be the best dinner. Make them for breakfast or for an afternoon snack. They are so tasty and filling.
Cornbread Muffin Recipe
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Air Fryer Muffins
- Who knew that muffins could be easily cooked in the air fryer and that the oven doesn’t even need to be turned on? What’s even more impressive with this handy appliance is that muffins come out so moist and chewy.
- For those out there watching their sugar intake, these buttermilk cornbread muffins have no sugar and are quite healthy.
- These muffins are made with cornmeal which gives these gems a hint of sweetness that the whole family will enjoy.
- These would go great with Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup, Roasted Red Pepper Soup (Blender), and Instant Pot Smoked Chicken Chili w/ Poblanos & Pintos.
DRY INGREDIENTS Cornmeal is a meal made from dried corn. It is usually sold in the baking section and comes in different types of coarseness. Buy the finely ground cornmeal for this recipe. This is mixed with flour, baking powder, and soda.
If trying to make a gluten-free version, don’t omit the flour and make it all from cornmeal. The bread will come out too dense. Replace the flour with gluten-free all-purpose flour.
WET INGREDIENTS Buttermilk and eggs are whisked together in this recipe. Buttermilk has a slightly sour taste but using it in baking makes the bread a little lighter.
Don’t have buttermilk? Add ½ tablespoon of vinegar to 1 cup of milk. Make sure these ingredients are blended well.
Cornbread Muffin Flavor Variations
Cornbread loves variation. Serve it savory, spicy, or sweet. So for some savory muffins add some shredded cheese to the batter.
For a little spicy kick add some jalapeno and finally for those who need to add a little more sweetness to their day, add a little honey. The cornbread will love it and so will everyone else.
How to Make Cornbread Muffins
Cornbread muffins in the Air Fryer are so easy to make.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
- Mix (as per the recipe below) and pour into muffin molds.
- Bake in the air fryer.
- To make the cornbread fluffier make sure to whip the eggs and buttermilk well.
- If the cornbread is not holding together, try adding a little more flour and less cornmeal. Also adding an egg white might help.
- Cornbread will last in the refrigerator for 7 days. Although if there are some add-ins like cheese and jalapeno they will keep for only 5 days.
These can be easily made in advance. Mix all the dry ingredients and add the wet just before they are about to be air-fried.
These can also be frozen. Make sure to wrap them tightly in saran wrap and place them in an air tight container like a ziplock bag.
More Savory Bread Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Perfect Banana Muffins in an Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer
- Vortex Air Fryer Low Carb Breakfast Biscuits
- Vortex Air Fryer Pull Apart Cheese Bread
Air Fryer Cornbread Muffin Recipe
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 320°F.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, together in a separate bowl.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into cornmeal mixture with butter and stir just until batter is combined.
- Place the silicone cups in the air fryer basket, you can fit 9 in one.
- Pour batter into the silicone cups about halfway full.
- Cook cornbread for 6-7 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.