It’s so easy to make Roasted Garlic in the Air Fryer instead of the oven!
Using roasted garlic in recipes is a culinary game-changer. And this recipe for air fryer roasted garlic makes it quick and easy to do, without heating up the oven. Roasting garlic in olive oil gives it a new depth of creamy, sweetened flavor, perfect to use in everything from dips to dressings, and sauces to main dishes.
Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
PIN IT to your EXTRAS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Roasted Garlic Recipe
- Roasting whole garlic turns it from a bitter bite to a flavorful addition to all kinds of food!
- Air frying bulbs of garlic is the perfect way to get the most flavor out of this amazingly versatile member of the onion family!
- Roast several heads at a time and freeze entire heads or individual cloves for future use!
Ingredients & Variations
GARLIC Choose bulbs of garlic that are heavy and are covered in layers of white, papery skin. There will be about 12 to 18 cloves in each head of garlic.
OLIVE OIL Olive oil has a mild, grassy flavor and is ideal for roasting garlic. Or, switch it up and use chili oil, sesame oil, or even leftover bacon grease for different flavor profiles.
OPTIONAL SEASONINGS Sea salt, dried rosemary, or red chili flakes can be used to season roasted garlic.
How to Roast Garlic in the Air Fryer
Roasted garlic is super easy to air fry:
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic, revealing tips of the cloves.
- Drizzle oil over the top.
- Wrap the bulbs in foil and air fry (per recipe below) until golden and tender.
Best Ways to Use Roasted Garlic
Here are some delicious air fryer ways to use creamy, roasted garlic!
Season a whole roasted chicken in this easy Air Fryer Roast Chicken entree, make some easy Air Fryer Pork Bites for tasty appetizers, or make an entire meal with this recipe for Instant Pot Spaghetti w/ Vortex Air Fryer Meatballs & Pasta Machine Spaghetti. Don’t forget the parmesan topping!
Tips for Storing
Keep air fryer roasted garlic in a zippered bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Squeeze out a clove or two as needed. Freeze whole roasted bulbs that have been cooled for up to 8 weeks.
More Recipes that Include Garlic
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings – quick and crispy
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp – perfectly seasoned!
- Air Fryer Roasted Butter Garlic Carrots – so easy to make
- Air Fryer Garlic Pizza & Fun Kid Meal – fun for the whole family!
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- 2 bulbs garlic more if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Cut ¼-inch off of the tops off of the heads of garlic exposing the tops of the cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic bulbs in foil and place in the air fryer.
- Cook for 22-26 minutes or until the garlic is golden and tender.