It’s so easy to make Roasted Garlic in the Air Fryer instead of the oven!
Roasting garlic in extra virgin olive oil gives it a new depth of creamy, sweetened flavor, perfect to use in everything from dips to salad dressings, and sauces to main dishes.
Using roasted garlic cloves in recipes is a culinary game-changer. And this recipe for air fryer roasted garlic makes it quick and easy to do, without heating up a traditional oven.
Air Fryer Roast Garlic
- Roasting whole garlic turns it from a bitter bite to a flavorful addition to all kinds of food!
- Air frying bulbs of garlic is the perfect way to get the most flavor out of this amazingly versatile member of the onion family!
- Roast several heads at a time and freeze entire heads or individual cloves for future use!
Ingredients & Variations
GARLIC Choose bulbs of garlic that are heavy and covered in layers of white, papery skin. There will be about 12 to 18 cloves in each head of garlic.
OLIVE OIL Extra-virgin olive oil has a mild flavor and is ideal for roasting garlic. Or, switch it up and use chili oil, sesame oil, or even leftover bacon grease for different flavor profiles.
OPTIONAL SEASONINGS Sea salt, black pepper, dried rosemary or thyme, or red chili flakes can be used to season roasted garlic.
How to Roast Garlic in the Air Fryer
Roasted garlic is super easy to air fry:
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top of the whole head of garlic, revealing the top of the garlic bulb.
- Drizzle oil over the top.
- Wrap the bulbs in tin foil and place foil packet in air fryer basket.
- Air fry (per recipe below) until golden and tender.
Here are some great ideas for using up roasted garlic.
- Season a whole roasted chicken in this easy air fryer roast chicken.
- Make some easy air fryer pork bites for tasty appetizers.
- Roasted garlic adds new flavor to brussels sprouts with bacon, cheesy garlic cauliflower, and the creamy texture goes wonderfully in mashed potatoes.
- Use roasted garlic in soups like butternut squash soup for an extra layer of flavor.
Keep air fryer roasted garlic in a zippered bag or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Squeeze out a clove or two as needed. Freeze whole roasted bulbs that have been cooled for up to 8 weeks.
More Garlicky Recipes
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- 2 bulbs garlic more if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Cut ¼-inch off of the tops off of the heads of garlic exposing the tops of the cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic bulbs in aluminum foil and place in the air fryer.
- Cook for 22-26 minutes or until the garlic is golden and tender.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer Recipe