A creamy and delicious side dish, like this simple green bean casserole, is just what is needed at the next holiday meal.
The beans are coated in a creamy soup base and then topped with crispy fried onions. There is no doubt that this classic green bean casserole, made in the air fryer, will quickly become a family favorite. Especially with how quick and easy it is to make and even easier it is to eat.
Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole
- There are just three ingredients in this homemade green bean recipe. And what’s even better is that the ingredients are easy to find. Beans, a can of soup, and some onions!
- The air fryer saves time, and when nights are busy, time is so important. When there is a lot of dishes on the go for a big holiday meal like, a quick and easy dish is just what is needed.
- This recipe is so creamy, and with a can of cream of mushroom soup, this green bean casserole is full of flavor.
Green Bean Casserole Ingredients
SOUP A simple can of condensed cream of mushroom soup is the creamy base for these beans. A can of cream of condensed chicken soup, or cream of potato would also taste great with these beans.
BEANS Use fresh beans for this recipe – yellow, green, or French. Frozen beans would also work in a pinch. Just be sure to cook from frozen.
VARIATIONS Sprinkle a few blanched slivered almonds or cranberries over the casserole after it has been removed from the air fryer.
How To Make Green Bean Casserole Easy!
This casserole is so easy to make.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Place in baking dish.
- Cook in the air fryer as per the recipe below.
Serve with air fryer chicken breasts, air fryer turkey meatballs, and air fryer roast beef for a delicious meal any day of the week.
Tips, Tricks & Time Savers!
- This casserole can be made with frozen green beans. Make sure to cook them from frozen, do not thaw first.
- To save time prepare all the ingredients in advance. Pour into the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. When ready to cook remove the plastic wrap and bake in the air fryer.
- Fry the onions ahead of time and keep them in a bag, ready to toss into the casserole.
- When making in advance use fresh green beans as frozen green beans need to be cooked from frozen!
- This casserole can be frozen after being cooked. It will keep in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to six months.
Favorite Air Fryer Side Dishes
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower
- Green Beans
- Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Cabbage
Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole
- 14 ounces green beans canned, fresh, or frozen*
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces fried onions divided
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F on BAKE. Grease a 6" square cooking pan.
- Combine beans, condensed soup, and half the onions in a bowl.
- Pour into baking dish and top with remaining onions.
- Bake in air fryer for 15 minutes or until heated through and onions have browned.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole Recipe