This air fryer chicken breast recipe is ready to serve in no time at all.
This recipe produces moist, tender, and juicy chicken breasts with crispy, seasoned skin. With a delicious homemade chicken seasoning including paprika, garlic, and oregano, the chicken comes out flavorful and ready to enjoy. Or slice and use it for lunches or salads all week long!
Easiest Way to Cook Chicken Breasts
- Whether you own a Ninja, Vortex, or Corsori brand air fryer, you’ll fall in love with air fryer recipes because they cook so cleanly and quickly, saving valuable time from using the oven.
- It doesn’t take long to cook chicken breasts in the air fryer!
- The skin comes out crispy fried every time and full of flavor.
- Serve as an entrée dish, or add it to soups, salads, and sandwiches, air fry a few chicken breasts and use them in meal prep all week long.
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Choose boneless skinless chicken breasts that are equal in size, so they cook at the same rate. Other cuts of chicken to use in this recipe are bone-in legs and thighs, drumsticks, and breaded chicken strips, adjust the time as necessary. Or experiment with chicken stuffed with herbed cream cheese!
SEASONINGS: Use a store-bought poultry seasoning blend or use a homemade blend with ingredients that you already have in the pantry. Lemon pepper is delicious for making chicken breasts to go in salads and a zesty taco seasoning is great for making tacos, burritos, and quesadillas.
How to Air Fry Chicken Breasts
- Toss chicken with oil and spices in a bowl.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts in the air fryer basket with space between them so the hot air can circulate.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then flip the pieces over and continue cooking (as per recipe below) until the chicken has an internal temp of 165°F with an instant read thermometer (large breasts may need an extra few minuters).
- Let pieces rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Tips & Tricks for Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Pound the breasts with a meat mallet for more tender chicken, if desired.
- Frozen chicken can be air fried by simply adding a few minutes to the cooking time.
- Keep air fryer chicken breast leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freeze portions in zippered bags in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless chicken breasts 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil more as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
Homemade Chicken Seasoning*
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Toss chicken with oil and seasonings.
- Place chicken breasts in the air fryer ensuring there is space between them for the air to circulate.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook an additional 6-9 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Chicken breasts can range in size from 5 oz to 10 oz. The cooking times listed are for 6oz chicken breasts. If yours are larger or smaller, cooking time will need to be adjusted.
- Don’t crowd the breasts in the air fryer, allow space for the air to circulate.
- Air fry chicken breasts for a total of 16-19 minutes, check for an internal temperature of 165°F, and do not overcook. Check them early as appliances can vary.
- After they have cooked, let them rest before slicing to keep them juicy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Recipe