Lean and moist, these Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs are a healthy addition to the dinner menu or served as a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
These easy meatballs are an easy main dish that pair well with almost anything from vegetables to noodles. They can be dressed up with sweet-sour BBQ sauce or served with a hearty and filling tomato sauce. And most importantly they are quick and simple to make.
Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Ground turkey is a healthy option compared to traditional ground beef.
- Ground turkey tends to become dry when cooked in the conventional oven but not in the air fryer. Cooking the meatballs in the air fryer cooks them quickly and seals in the moisture, making these meatballs moist and flavorful.
- Use these meatballs for air fryer meatball subs, instant pot Italian vegetable meatball soup, or instant pot spaghetti. Serve with a side of air fryer frozen vegetables for a quick and easy meal!
Ingredients & Variations
THE MEAT: Turkey is the meat of choice for this recipe, but ground beef or chicken will also do.
THE SEASONING: Italian seasoning is the spice of the day for these turkey meatballs. A store-bought version can be used or use a homemade version.
THE FILLER: The bread crumbs in these meatballs will help bind the meat. The parmesan gives them a sharper cheesy flavor,
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
The homemade main course in no time!
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix with hands or with the flat paddle of a KitchenAid.
- Form into small balls (as per recipe below).
- Cook until they reach a temperature of 165°F.
Tips & Tricks
- While forming the meatballs use an ice cream scoop or your hands.
- To make a more uniform meatball mixture, make the filler first. To do this, mix the egg with the breadcrumbs, spices, and cheese until it forms a bit of a paste. This paste can then be added to the meat. Form into 1 inch balls.
- Gently place them in the air fryer basket. Don’t stack or crowd them.
- If the batch is being doubled, don’t worry if there isn’t time to cook them all right away. They are best for freezing.
- Uncooked meatballs can be frozen and will keep in the freezer for 3 months. It may be best to lay them on a cookie sheet with some parchment paper. Place the pan with the meatballs in the freezer. Once they are frozen, then transfer them to a freezer bag.
Favorite Turkey Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers – Juicy and healthy
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon – Crispy
- Vortex Air Fryer Mini Turkey Pot Pies w/ Puff Pastry – Decadent
- Vortex Air Fryer Leftover Turkey Pot Pie w/ Crescent Top – Flaky and delicious
Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide into 16 meatballs and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes or just until meatballs reach 165°F. (Do not overcook)