Instant Pot beef tips are hearty and heartwarming. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
Beef tips are seasoned, browned, and then cooked in a rich and flavorful brown gravy in the Instant Pot. This is a simple recipe that is perfect for those hectic weekday nights!
Easy Way to Cook Beef Tips!
- The Instant Pot makes beef tips cooked in gravy taste like they’ve been simmering all day!
- Serve over potatoes, egg noodles, or rice for an even heartier dish! Perfect for when all the gang’s over to watch the big game!
Ingredients & Variations
BEEF: Affordable chuck roast, sirloin steak, stew meat, and even tri-tip cubes cook up juicy and tender in the Instant Pot! Even frozen cubes of meat will cook perfectly without having to thaw them!
GRAVY: Beef broth and a can of condensed French onion soup make for a densely flavored gravy. Potatoes and carrots can be added to the onions and mushrooms for a more stew-like dish and aromatics like thyme, oregano, or even a package of Italian seasoning mix can be mixed or matched as desired.
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Tips
- Saute the seasoned meat in small batches (as per the recipe below).
- Remove and scrape the bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot with beef stock.
- Return the beef to the Instant Pot and add the remaining ingredients except for corn starch.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Make a cornstarch slurry and whisk into the broth until the gravy reaches desired thickness.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
Instant Pot Tips & Tricks
- Always scrape the bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot. This process is called ‘deglazing’ and the bits get reincorporated into the gravy adding a boost of flavor.
- You may not use all of the cornstarch slurry so feel free to dispose of what you don’t need.
- Cut pieces of beef into uniform, bite-sized pieces so they cook evenly.
Keep leftover beef tips and gravy in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave, stovetop, or instant pot, as desired. Freeze leftovers in zippered bags and use within 4 weeks.
More Beef Recipes
Instant Pot Beef Tips and Gravy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds cubed chuck or stew meat
- 10 ½ ounces beef broth divided
- 10 ½ ounces French onion soup condensed
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup water
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary slightly crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
To Thicken Gravy
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Turn a 6-qt Instant Pot on to SAUTE. Add oil.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and brown in small batches. Remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Pour ½ cup of the beef stock into the pot and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Return beef to Instant Pot and add remaining ingredients (except cornstarch) to the pot and close the lid.
- Turn on to MANUAL. Choose HIGH PRESSURE and set the time to 15 minutes. Once time is up, quick-release pressure.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Turn the Instant Pot on to SAUTE to bring the broth to a boil. Whisk in cornstarch until the gravy reaches desired thickness.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf and serve over mashed potatoes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!