Air fryer tomatoes are the perfect side dish or sandwich topper!
Thick quarters of tomatoes are drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper and air fried until they are barely soft with caramelized edges.
Showcase those plump, sun-ripened summer tomatoes with the air fryer!
Amazing Air Fryer Roast Tomatoes
- Making tomatoes in the air fryer is the fastest, cleanest way to get that deep, roasted flavor in minutes without heating up the grill or the broiler!
- Any brand of air fryer like a Ninja or Corsori will turn juicy, sweet tomatoes into perfectly roasted tomatoes that can be used in pasta sauce or tomato soup.
- No need to turn the oven on and heat up the house!
- Serve air fryer tomatoes as a healthy side dish, or a zesty salad topper, or cook them in slices to top gourmet burgers or add them to a grown-up grilled cheese!
Ingredients and Variations
Tomatoes – Many kind of tomatoes can be roasted like Roma tomatoes, campari tomatoes, plum tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, and Beefsteak tomatoes. Or green tomatoes can be air fried! Fresh cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes will work in this recipe! Simply cut them in half lengthwise, season, and cook as directed!
Variations – Drizzle tomatoes with balsamic vinegar before cooking. Or sprinkle on some parmesan cheese or crumbled feta at the end. Try tossing tomatoes in Italian seasoning with dried oregano, lemon pepper seasoning, or breadcrumbs with the extra virgin olive oil. Cornmeal or bread crumbs will add a nice crunch. Or add on some fresh herbs like fresh basil or thyme at the end.
How to Make Air Fryer Tomatoes
- Cut tomatoes and toss in seasoning (as per the recipe below).
- Cook, cut side up in the bottom of the air fryer basket until tomatoes are golden around the edges. Serve hot.
Tips & Tricks for Air Fryer Tomatoes
- Cut tomatoes the same size, in wedges or tomato slices, so they cook uniformly.
- Olive oil and seasonings should enhance the sweet flavor of the roasted tomatoes, not overwhelm them. Start light and adjust as needed.
- Line the air fryer with a clean coffee filter to soak up any drips – they will still cook properly and cleanup is a cinch!
- Keep leftover air-fried tomatoes in a covered container and enjoy them cold in a salad or add them to soup, stir fry, or even some tasty egg bites.
Air Fryer Tomatoes
- 1 pound tomatoes (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Cut tomatoes in quarters. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer, cut side up in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes until the tomatoes start to soften and are golden at edges.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!