Air Fryer turkey breast is the easiest way to cook Thanksgiving dinner.
Turkey breast in the air fryer comes out juicy and tender, with so much flavor.
Just a few seasonings and some oil or butter are needed to make this delicious and healthy recipe.
Why We Love It!
- Save time and cook a boneless turkey breast in the air fryer for dinner instead of making an entire roast in the oven. It’s so much easier and it won’t take as long!
- The best batch cooking recipe! Instead of buying processed turkey slices from the deli, make homemade healthy turkey breast and use it for power lunches all week long!
- Side dishes? No problem, everything goes with turkey! Try this Instant Pot southern-style green beans with spinach, bacon & potatoes! Or make the air fryer do double duty and cook up these quick air fryer baby potatoes while the turkey rests.
Ingredients & Variations
Turkey Breast – Use a 2 to 2 ½ pound boneless turkey breast for best results. Turkey filets can be used, but the cooking time won’t be as long, and the power and temperature will need to be adjusted as well.
Oil – Use olive oil for the best flavor, or, for even more savory goodness, rub the turkey breast with butter before adding the seasoning.
Seasoning – This recipe calls for simple salt & pepper, plus some ground sage and thyme leaves. Other options for seasoning include Italian seasoning mix, Herbs de Provence, or add some heat with taco seasoning and garlic powder.
How to Make an Air Fryer Turkey Breast
It couldn’t be easier to make a delicious turkey entree than three simple steps.
- Rub turkey with oil and seasonings.
- Place in a preheated air fryer, skin side down in the basket.
- Air fry (per the recipe below), turning once.
Cooked turkey will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, and will maintain its flavor for 4-6 months in the freezer.
More Delicious Entrees
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 2 to 2 ½ pounds boneless turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Combine the oil, sage, thyme, salt & pepper. Rub the mixture over the turkey breast.
- Place turkey breast in the air fryer basket, skin side down.
- Air fry for 20 minutes. Turn the turkey breast over and continue cooking for 25-30 minutes or until the thickest part reaches 160°F on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and rest on a plate for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Ensure turkey reaches 165°F.
Remove the turkey breast from the air fryer basket while it rests so it doesn’t continue cooking. To cook a smaller 1lb. turkey breast:
– Air fry at 350°F, skin side down, for 10 minutes
– Flip over and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the turkey reaches 155°F.
– Remove from air fryer basket and let rest for 10 minutes or until the thickest part of the turkey reaches 165°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!