Air fryer chicken parmesan always comes out crispy and flavorful!
Coated in seasoned breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, this entree is absolutely delicious every time! Top it with a little marinara sauce and plenty of melty mozzarella cheese, and a hearty dinner is ready in minutes.
Everyone loves chicken parmesan, so why not make a double batch to pack for lunches all week long?
Simple Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- The air fryer is so much healthier to make chicken parmesan in! It uses less oil but still delivers that crispy breaded crust that it’s so famous for!
- So simple to make, this recipe for air fryer chicken parmesan is great for adding to a hearty sandwich or slicing and serving on top of your favorite pasta.
- This recipe has minimal prep, cook time, and clean-up so a delicious weeknight dinner is on the table in minutes!
- Round out dinner with this air fryer broccoli and cauliflower side dish, and some cheesy rolls to soak up that sauce.
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Chicken breasts are always the go-to for easy, healthy dishes! Boneless, bone-in, skinless, or skin-on, any cut will work!
BREADING: Seasoned breadcrumbs are a real timesaver! To make a lower-carb breading, switch out the breadcrumbs for crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese, or almond flour.
How to Make Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer
- Prepare breading mixture per recipe below.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg, then breading.
- Cook for 12 minutes in the air fryer, flipping after 6 minutes.
- Top the chicken parmesan with marinara sauce and cheese.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and serve hot.
Tips for the Perfect Crispy Breading
- For best results, pat the chicken breasts dry with a clean paper towel before dipping them into the egg and breading mixture.
- Press the breading into the meat, if necessary.
- Leave plenty of space between the breasts so they get properly air-fried all the way around.
- Check for doneness with a meat thermometer at 165°F.
- Keep leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftover chicken parmesan in the air fryer until the breading is crispy again.
More Chicken Breast Recipes in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg beaten
- ⅔ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs if desired
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture pressing to secure the crumbs.
- Place the breasts in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes, flip the breasts and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Divide the marinara sauce over the two breasts and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken reached 165°F internally.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!