Stuffed avocados are an ideal low-carb taco substitute that taste even better than the original!
Avocados are the perfectly portable ‘boats’ for tacos! Scoop in your fave taco fillings, top with cheese and let the air fryer work its magic! Cheesy, creamy, and perfect for appetizers or an unforgettable main dish, it’s a keto recipe that’s sure to end up at the front of the recipe box.
Easy 30 Min Avocado Recipe
- Air-fried avocado boats come out creamy, savory, and spicy with all of the delicious ingredients baked in!
- This super popular keto recipe is so easy to make!
- Make ‘em and take ‘em to a Tex-Mex party, or prep more for all-week lunches and dinners! Or try this avocado egg bake for a breakfast version.
- There are so many ways to prepare stuffed avocados, and the Mexican theme is best for mixing and matching different ingredients! Or, go all vegetarian and use black beans or rice instead of ground beef!
- Serve with air fryer Mexican corn for the perfect side dish, or keep it low carb and have some air fryer broccoli alongside.
Ingredients & Variations
AVOCADOS: Choose large avocados that are unblemished and clean. They should slightly yield when pressed.
PRO TIP: Avocados not ripe yet? Place them in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana for a day or two.
MEAT: Meats like ground beef and turkey, leftover steak, fish, or shrimp are all low-carb options. Follow the recipe or use this easy make-ahead air fryer ground beef or air fryer taco meat recipe instead.
SEASONINGS: Taco seasoning is a must for this recipe! Use any store-bought brand, or make a DIY blend and keep it on hand.
TOPPINGS: Anything that goes on a taco can be added to stuffed avocados!
Here’s some ideas: lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, mushrooms, cheese, zucchini, black olives, jalapenos, black beans, peppers, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
How to Make Stuffed Avocados in the Air Fryer
These are so simple to prepare and cook!
- Prepare the ground beef mixture (per the recipe below).
- Prep the avocado and scoop out a little of the avocado to make the shell bigger.
- Brush with oil and season, fill with beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook avocado until the cheese is melted.
Serve warm, topped with your favorite taco toppings!
Tips for the Best Stuffed Avocados
- To keep avocados upright in the air fryer, crumple up a little aluminum foil to make a stand to cook them on.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer so the air can circulate around the food, ensuring even cooking.
Make it Mexican-Inspired Cuisine Night!
- Air Fryer Mexican Lasagna – irresistible cheesy layers
- Air Fryer Tacos – with a flavorful filling
- Air Fryer Tex Mex Egg Rolls – the perfect cheesy combination
- Vortex Air Fryer Grouper Tacos w/Corn Salsa – sweet and delicious
Air Fryer Stuffed Avocado
- 1 pound lean ground meat beef chicken, turkey can be used
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 large avocados
- ¼ cup Mexican cheese blend shredded, or more as desired
- ½ cup lettuce shredded
- ½ cup diced tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup red onions diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Place ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet and cook until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add the taco seasonings along with ½ cup of water and allow it to simmer over medium low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Cut your avocados in half and remove the pit, use a spoon and scoop out some of the avocado to make a bigger shell. Brush the avocado with olive oil and season with salt & pepper if desired.
- Generously scoop the taco filling into your avocado halves and sprinkle with cheese.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Place the avocado halves in the air fryer and cook 3-4 minutes or until warmed and the cheese is melted.
- Top as desired and serve.
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!