Air Fryer Buffalo Wings are the best because they’re easy, extra crispy, and fast!
Perfect for tailgate parties, no one can eat just one. This air fryer recipe for buffalo chicken wings gets homemade wings on the table with less mess than deep frying.
Juicy on the inside and perfectly crispy with buffalo sauce infused right into the skin, these are the best wings ever.
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best 3 Ingredient Chicken Wings
- The air fryer cook with less fat, less time, and less cleanup! What’s not to love?
- Just 3 ingredients are needed!
- These cook fast, make batches to serve a crowd.
- Make ahead and for future last-minute snack attacks, reheat from fresh or frozen!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN Choose wings that are about the same size that smell fresh and have the skins fully intact. Chicken thighs, strips, or frozen tenders cooked from fresh or frozen can be used instead (cooking times will vary).
BUFFALO SAUCE Use any store-bought brand or DIY your version. Buffalo sauce has a bright and zesty flavor with a little buttery richness.
It’s a great sauce for wings, especially when dipped into Ranch dressing or honey mustard sauce!
Add more or less hot sauce to taste or any other seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Add a little soy sauce or brown sugar to mix up the flavors, if desired.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
It’s quick and easy to make these buffalo wings.
- Pat wings dry with a clean paper towel and then toss with oil and seasonings.
- Air fry them (per recipe below), flipping them halfway through.
- Toss them with buffalo sauce and return them to the air fryer for another 2 minutes.
Tips for Crispy Wings
- Make sure the wings are really dry before adding the oil, seasonings, and sauce, otherwise they won’t adhere.
- For a really sticky, thick buffalo sauce, mix in a pinch or two of corn starch before tossing the wings in it.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer.
- Keep wings in a covered container in the refrigerator and reheat in the air fryer (or eat them cold)!
Best Air Fryer Wing Recipes
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings – savory and spicy
- Best Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings – quick and crispy
- Air Fryer Hot Wings – spicy!
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings – extra crispy
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup franks hot sauce
- ¼ cup butter melted
- pinch garlic powder
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Dry wings with a paper towel and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes, flipping the wings after 10 minutes.
- Once done remove from the air fryer and toss with buffalo sauce in a bowl.
- Return to the air fryer and cook for another 2 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!