Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings are a homemade appetizer worth making!
New and ‘seasoned’ air fryer home cooks love making homemade lemon pepper wings in the air fryer. Tender chicken wings come out juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, with just the perfect citrusy pepper flavor. Party and potluck ready in minutes!
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Easy Air Fryer Appetizer
- A little savory and a little spicy, lemon pepper wings are a delicious departure from sauced wings!
- This recipe cooks chicken wings in minutes, fresh or frozen. Just in time for last-minute guests or last-minute invites to a party! Make them in batches and keep them warm in the oven.
- Everyone loves chicken wing appetizers and the air fryer is the best way to make them fast and flavorful! Try these other air fryer chicken recipes! Air Fryer Chicken Legs in Basket, Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets, Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders.
Ingredients & Variations
Serve these wings alone or pair them with a tangy ranch dressing for dipping!
CHICKEN Choose wings that are roughly the same size so they cook at the same rate. They should be plump and free from any tears on the skin. Frozen wings can be used, just add a few minutes to the cooking time.
SEASONINGS Lemon pepper is a popular seasoning and easy to find! Add some chili pepper for a spicy kick, or some brown sugar for a sweeter version.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Wings in the Air Fryer
It doesn’t take much to make lemon pepper wings.
- Pat wings dry and coat brush them in olive oil.
- Cook according to recipe directions below.
- Toss them in melted butter mixed with lemon seasoning. Serve hot.
PRO TIP: For an extra crispy coating, broil finished lemon pepper wings for about 2 minutes.
Tips for Crispy Homemade Chicken Wings
- With every air fryer recipe, the key to perfect results is to always preheat the air fryer before adding the food. The burst of hot air circulates around the food giving it a crispy exterior without using a lot of fat.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer or the wings will not get crispy.
- It’s best to make more than one batch and add all of the wings to the air fryer for a few minutes of final crisping.
More Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings – crispy
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – garlicky good!
- Air Fryer Hot Wings – a spicy kick!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings – quick & easy
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Dry wings and coat with olive oil and in a large bowl.
- Place wings in a single layer in the basket and cook for 22 minutes flipping the wings after 10 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking melt butter and combine in a bowl with the lemon pepper seasoning.
- Remove wings from the air fryer and toss with the butter mixture.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe