This air fryer hot wings recipe comes out crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside every time!
This recipe is so versatile, switch up the seasonings, toss it in a new hot sauce, and it’s like a new recipe every time. Make them as a quick afternoon snack or make them in batches to serve as an appetizer. However, you serve them, they are sure to be a hit.
Amazing Air Fryer Hot Wings
- It doesn’t take long to make the best hot wings in the house! The air fryer makes consistently delicious fried hot wings that look and taste just like they came from your favorite sports bar.
- Purchase fresh and frozen wings from the supermarket to satisfy any snack attack. Choose a favorite or two along with some carrot and celery sticks to round out the perfect party-ready snack tray.
- Keto believers love air fryer hot wings because they cook up in minutes, and are ready to feed a few or a crowd. Don’t forget some equally low-carb dips and dressings like bleu cheese, ranch, honey mustard, or even basic sour cream.
- Having a party? Try these super easy air fryer appetizers to add to the snack table. We love these crispy air fryer broccoli, air fryer cauliflower wings, air fryer zucchini skins, and air fryer french fries.
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN WINGS Chicken wings are easy to find and come in so many varieties! Fresh, frozen, bone-in, or boneless, it’s like making a new appetizer every time. Cook them in batches and toss back in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes right before serving to reheat.
SAUCE Hot sauce can be anything from a simple bottle of Tabasco or taco sauce that’s in the refrigerator or a pre-made hot or buffalo sauce like Frank’s Red Hot. Substitute the hot sauce for barbecue sauce for an entirely new flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Hot Wings
These easy air fryer chicken wings are made with 4 ingredients and ready to toss in the air fryer in minutes!
- Toss wings with oil and seasonings (per the recipe below).
- Cook in the air fryer, flipping halfway through.
- Toss in hot sauce and return to the air fryer.
To cook from frozen: Make sure the wings are separated from each other. Air fry them in stages, shaking the basket after the first 5 minutes, then the next 5 minutes, until they are ready to be sauced.
Keep leftover hot wings in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer to make them crispy again.
Freeze leftover chicken wings in a zippered bag with the date written on the outside for up to 4 months. When ready to enjoy toss back in the air fryer to heat through and toss in hot sauce before serving.
Best Air Fryer Appetizers
- Easy Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Best Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Zucchini Skins
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
Air Fryer Hot Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup hot sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss wings with oil and seasoning in a bowl. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 20 minutes flipping the wing halfway through the cook time.
- Toss wings with hot sauce and return to the air fryer basket cooking for 2 more minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!