Air fryer cauliflower wings have a crispy coating and a bold BBQ flavor.
Healthy BBQ roasted cauliflower wings are always the first apps to ‘fly away’ on movie night or when the big game is on!
Crispy Cauliflower Wings
- Cauliflower wings are so easy to make and taste so good, they’re the perfect alternative to chicken wings and are ready in minutes!
- No need to panic when a snack attack hits! Make a batch or two of healthy cauliflower hot wings in minutes without heating up the oven!
- Serve barbecue cauliflower wings as an appetizer with celery and carrots sticks or as a low-carb switch from fries alongside burgers or low carb Cuban sandwiches.
Ingredients and Variations
Cauliflower – Florets should be cut into bite-sized pieces. Broccoli can be used in place of or in combination with cauliflower for an extra boost of flavor and color! Frozen florets will work once they are thawed and drained. For best results, dry thoroughly.
Sauce – Grab your favorite bottle of BBQ sauce or experiment with other sauces like this homemade Buffalo sauce, Frank’s Red Hot sauce, or teriyaki.
How to Make Cauliflower Wings
- Preheat the air fryer while preparing the batter.
- Whisk the batter ingredients together per recipe directions. Dip cauliflower florets into the batter and cook them in a single layer in the air fryer, flipping them halfway through.
- Place the sauce ingredients in a bowl and cook in the microwave until the butter is melted. Whisk to combine.
- Toss the cooked cauliflower wings in the bbq sauce and cook them in the air fryer for about (per recipe below).
- Serve immediately garnished with green onions or parsley and a side of ranch, blue cheese, or your favorite dip or dressing.
Air Fryer Tips and Tricks
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to ensure the pieces get cooked evenly on all sides.
- Keep batches of cooked wings on a baking rack in a sheet pan until ready to sauce.
- Avoid soaking the cooked wings in the BBQ sauce or they will lose their crispy texture.
- Store leftover air fryer cauliflower wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Reheat them in the air fryer at 370°F until they are crispy again.
More Air Fryer Appetizers
Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups cold club soda
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy butter
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional, to taste
- Preheat the air fryer basket to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add the club soda and whisk until no large lumps remain.
- Spray the preheated air fryer basket with olive oil spray and then carefully dip a cauliflower floret into the batter and place it in the air fryer. Repeat with as many florets as will fit, but make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer. Be careful– the air fryer is hot!
- Cook at 400°F for 12 minutes. Flip the cauliflower and cook for an additional 8 minutes. Between batches, keep the cauliflower on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet– this will help keep it crispy until you’re ready to sauce it.
- Meanwhile, add the BBQ sauce, non-dairy butter, and red pepper flakes to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute, or until the butter is melted, and then whisk to combine.
- Toss the cooked cauliflower in the sauce and then return it to the air fryer. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped green onion or parsley.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings Recipe