An air fryer makes the best chicken. Tender and so incredibly juicy with extra crispy skin.
We cook whole chickens in the air fryer all at least once every week if not more. To make it even faster, this recipe is for spatchcock or butterflied chicken. Perfection a little bit quicker!
Air Fryer Spatchcock Chicken
- 1 whole chicken 3-4 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning or 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Place chicken breast side down on a cutting board.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut along one side of the backbone. Repeat on the other side of the backbone to remove it completely. Discard the backbone (or see note).
- Flip the chicken over and place your hands on the breast. Press down to flatten the chicken.
- Rub the skin with olive oil and generously season.
- Place the chicken breast side up and air fry for 35-40 minutes or until the breast reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the air fryer and rest 5 minutes.