It’s not a party until the air fryer stuffed jalapeños are ready!
Loaded with spicy nacho cream cheese and crispy bacon bits, these bite-sized poppers are ready in minutes and will disappear just as fast! These homemade appetizers are cheesy enough on the inside to tame the heat of the jalapeños and are packed with hearty, savory flavor.
Easy Cheesy Appetizer
- The air fryer is perfect for making hot appetizers with minimal effort and cleanup!
- These stuffed jalapeno peppers come out tender on the outside and nacho cheesy on the inside!
- Bite-sized stuffed jalapenos are the perfect recipe to share at a tailgate party, a picnic or a potluck!
Ingredients & Variations
JALAPENOS: Easy to find year-round, choose jalapenos that are intact and dark green (they might have some orange or yellow patches, but that’s okay). Remove the seeds to cut down on the heat profile, if desired.
CREAM CHEESE MIX: Regular cheddar cheese or a Mexican blend can be used if shredded nacho cheese isn’t available. Stir in a little hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or taco seasoning mix to really spice them up!
How to Make Stuffed Jalapenos in the Air Fryer
- Prepare jalapenos and cream cheese mixture (as directed in recipe below).
- Fill each half with cheese mixture.
- Cook in the air fryer until the peppers are tender and the cheese has browned on top.
Serve hot garnished with sliced green onions or shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
Serve ‘Em With
Tips & Tricks
- Wear plastic gloves when handling any kind of raw pepper to avoid getting the oils on your hands that might accidentally get into your eyes.
- Leave the stems on when cutting the jalapenos in half, but remove the bitter tasting white pith before filling with the cream cheese mixture.
- For best results, let the cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing in the other ingredients.
- For easy piping, fill a plastic sandwich bag with the cream cheese mix and snip off a small corner of the bag to cleanly fill the jalapenos. This is also a good way to store leftover filling too. Simply store it in the fridge until it’s ready to use again.
- Keep leftover stuffed jalapenos in a covered container for up to 3 days and reheat in the air fryer.
- Freeze them in a single layer and then transfer to a zippered bag. Reheat from frozen in the air fryer.
More Appetizers in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- 3 jalapenos cut in half lengthwise and deseeded
- ¼ cup cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup nacho cheese mix shredded
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 green onion sliced
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Cut the jalapenos lengthwise and remove the seeds
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fill each jalapeno with the cheese mixture and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook jalapenos for 5-7 minutes or until the peppers are tender and cheese has browned on top.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!