For breakfast, brunch, or even dinner, air fryer chicken sausage is an easy main dish.
Air fried sausages are delicious and super convenient for quick breakfasts, spaghetti dinners, or for use in casseroles and omelets!
Thanks to the time-saving magic of the air fryer, chicken sausages cook up juicy-crisp in only minutes, and with minimal mess!
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- Chicken sausages are long on protein and short on fat and calories compared to beef or pork, making them a healthy option for low-fat or keto diets.
- Easy air fryer chicken sausage keeps mess to a minimum. Everything is contained in the basket, so no spatters to clean up!
- Versatile chicken sausage can be enjoyed for any meal, and will enhance so many recipes, from breakfast omelets to cheesy casseroles and party dips!
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken Sausage – Use fresh or frozen links to get a browned and crispy exterior. Chicken sausage comes in an array of flavors, from sweet apple to smoky Andouille, to spicy hot Italian. Many versions have cheeses added too!
Cooking Spray – Chicken sausages have less fat than their beef or pork counterparts, so you might need to spritz them, and the air fryer basket with oil. Avoid commercial propellant sprays that are found in grocery stores, as they can damage the air fryer basket. Instead, use a pump mister and load it with grape seed, avocado, or light olive oil. Or, simply lightly brush with oil.
How to Cook Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer and lightly spray sausages with oil.
- Space out in the air fryer basket to allow the air to circulate freely. Do not crowd.
- Cook (per the recipe below) flipping halfway through.
- Remove when golden brown, and the internal temperature registers 165°.
Allow to rest a couple of minutes before serving to give time for the juices to reabsorb.
Ways to Use Cooked Sausage
The options for using cooked chicken sausage are endless!
- Try the hot Italian version in a meat sauce for a classic spaghetti dinner.
- Chicken sausage is the perfect add-in for low-carb meals, like cauliflower mac or stuffed spaghetti squash bowls.
- Remove the casings, and use them in stuffed mushrooms, as a topping for pizza, or as an ingredient to fill out cheesy twice-baked potatoes.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to air fryer chicken sausage.
Storing Leftover Sausage
Wrap tightly before storing. Chicken sausage will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, and up to 4 months in the freezer.
Reheat in a preheated air fryer set at 400°F and cook for 12-14 minutes. If stuck together, check after a couple of minutes to separate and make enough space for air to circulate. Lower temp if they are getting too brown.
Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- 5 uncooked chicken sausages
- cooking spray optional
- Preheat air fryer to 370℉
- Lightly spray sausages with cooking spray. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between each sausage.
- Air fry for 8-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Internal temperature should reach 165℉.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!