Tender, moist air fryer tilapia is a quick and delicious dinner that goes from prep to table in minutes.
Fresh tilapia fillets are brushed with a buttery, tangy sauce made with parmesan cheese, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and dill, then air fried to flaky golden perfection.
Drizzle with melted butter and serve with some lemon wedges! This makes a light and flavorful meal that your whole family will love.
Tender Air Fryer Tilapia
- This effortless and foolproof recipe will make you look like a master chef, thanks to some simple seasonings and the magic of air frying.
- Tilapia is an affordable and mild white fish with delicate flesh and virtually no fishy taste, making it a safe bet for families with fussy eaters.
- The zesty sauce bakes into a tasty crust, giving tilapia sensational flavor!
- Serve with some roasted broccoli or a crisp green salad for a light, low-carb meal.
Ingredients and Variations
Tilapia – Use fresh filets for best results. Frozen can also be used, but be sure to thaw them before prepping. Be aware that frozen fish can sometimes be watery and lose texture and flavor.
Seasonings & Variations – Tilapia is mild enough that it will accommodate practically any seasoning, from Mexican to Mediterranean.
Try them breaded with chips, sprinkled with lemon pepper, or rubbed with a DIY taco seasoning. Italian or Greek herbs are sensational on tilapia. Toss leftover tilapia fillets into soups or bouillabaisse.
How to Make Air Fryer Tilapia
This easy recipe comes together in minutes!
- Pat tilapia fillets dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the grated parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, butter, lemon juice, and dill.
- Spread the parmesan mixture over the fish and bake in the air fryer (per recipe below) until it sizzles at the edges and flakes easily. (It does not need to be flipped.)
Pro Tips for Tilapia
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Tilapia is a delicate fish that does not take long to cook. Check it every few minutes and remove it from the air fryer as soon as it is done.
- Pat the fillets dry before seasoning them and coat them with oil or mayonnaise.
- Always avoid crowding the air fryer basket. Cook tilapia in batches if necessary, and line the basket with parchment paper for easier removal and cleanup.
Did you enjoy this Air Fryer Tilapia? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Air Fryer Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets thawed if frozen
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F,
- Spread the parmesan mixture over the tilapia and cook for 6 to 9 minutes or just until the fish flakes easily (145℉).
- Immediately remove from the air fryer basket.
Do not overcrowd the air fryer, cook in batches if needed.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies Parmesan Crusted Tilapia.