Quick & Easy Bouillabaisse – Low Carb
This is one of my favorite meals to make. It is super easy and incredibly yummy.
Quick & Easy Bouillabaisse - Low Carb
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 pound mussels
- 1 pound fish fillets Grouper, Flounder, Sea Bass work well
- 2 tablespoons garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes peeled and sliced, or 1 cup canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 4 crab halves
- 1 pound unpeeled shrimp
- 1 loaf French bread
- Rinse the mussels in cold water
- Set the Instant Pot to Sautee and bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the mussels and cover the pot. Steam for 6 to 8 minutes or until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that didn't open.
- Scoop out the mussels and pour the stock into a bowl.
- Cut the fish into 1-inch thick slices.
- Set to Sautee again and get it hot. Add the garlic, onions, tomatoes, fennel, saffron, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the mussel broth, clam juice, and butter to the pot. Bring to a rolling boil, add the crabs and fish, and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels along with the shrimp, and boil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Slice the French bread, butter it, and toast lightly.
- Serve the bouillabaisse in large individual bowls. Cut the bread into sticks and place on the sides. Serve with another tsp of butter on top of each.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!