Quick & Easy Bouillabaisse – Low Carb
This is one of my favorite meals to make. It is super easy and incredibly yummy.
Quick & Easy Bouillabaisse - Low Carb
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 pound mussels
- 1 pound fish fillets Grouper, Flounder, Sea Bass work well
- 2 tablespoons garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes peeled and sliced, or 1 cup canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 4 crab halves
- 1 pound unpeeled shrimp
- 1 loaf French bread
- Rinse the mussels in cold water
- Set the Instant Pot to Sautee and bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the mussels and cover the pot. Steam for 6 to 8 minutes or until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that didn't open.
- Scoop out the mussels and pour the stock into a bowl.
- Cut the fish into 1-inch thick slices.
- Set to Sautee again and get it hot. Add the garlic, onions, tomatoes, fennel, saffron, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the mussel broth, clam juice, and butter to the pot. Bring to a rolling boil, add the crabs and fish, and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels along with the shrimp, and boil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Slice the French bread, butter it, and toast lightly.
- Serve the bouillabaisse in large individual bowls. Cut the bread into sticks and place on the sides. Serve with another tsp of butter on top of each.