Make gourmet air fryer French toast with minimal prep, cook time, and clean up!
Lightly sweetened, fluffy French toast in the air fryer is perfectly served for breakfast, brunch, or dessert; the air fryer makes it so easy!
Our Favorite Way to Make French Toast!
- Why wait for the weekend to make homemade French toast? This recipe hardly takes any time at all and everyone will love this sweet way to start the day!
- Make a bistro-worthy French toast bar using your Ninja, Gourmia, or Corsori air fryer for brunch or after a sleepover! Keep batches warm in the oven and offer some sweet toppings like butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, fresh fruits and berries, nuts, or even chocolate chips!
- Everyone loves French toast and this recipe can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator until ready to reheat!
- Make a portable French toast sammie with slices of bacon or breakfast sausage. Even kids will enjoy air fryer French toast sticks for a grab-and-go breakfast!
Ingredients and Variations
Bread – While any bread works for French toast, thicker, denser slices like brioche, challah, or even a few thick slices of your favorite baguette are perfect for soaking up the sweet, creamy egg mixture. For an elegant dessert, use sliced cinnamon rolls to make French toast and then serve with vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce!
Batter – A thicker batter can be made with half-and-half or cream and for an extra custardy texture, toss in an extra egg. Feel free to add a little bit of ground nutmeg, ground ginger, or some allspice to the cinnamon and brown sugar for an extra flavorful and fragrant French toast!
How to Make Air Fryer French Toast
- Preheat the air fryer and line the bottom with parchment paper and a little cooking spray.
- Whisk the batter ingredients in a shallow container and dip both sides of the bread into the mixture.
- Cook in the air fryer (as per the recipe below) until the outside is lightly fried and golden brown, flipping halfway through.
Keep leftover air fryer French toast in a covered container for up to 4 days or freeze it in a zippered bag for up to two months. For best results, reheat frozen slices in the air fryer or in the toaster.
Air Fryer French Toast
- 4 slices Brioche or potato bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and set aside briefly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow container, such as a pie plate.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Soak bread slices in the mixture, making sure they are fully coated.
- Place the soaked bread slices on a rack to allow any excess mixture to drain off.
- Cook the bread slices in the air fryer for 3 minutes, then flip them over and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Once cooked, serve the French toast hot with butter and syrup.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!