Air fryer French toast sticks are a family fun recipe that will be a favorite for years to come!
Air fried in a cinnamon-sugar mixture batter, these come out crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, and ready for dipping!
Easy Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- The air fryer makes homemade French toast sticks in minutes.
- The perfect breakfast for those busy weekday mornings or lazy weekends when you don’t want a big traditional French toast production!
- Batch cook French toast sticks and enjoy them for breakfast all week long with blueberries and strawberries.
- Totally portable French toast sticks are the perfect size for kids and make great beginner foods for toddlers!
- Not just for breakfast, French toast sticks are positively yummy when served warm as a dessert with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce!
Ingredients and Variations
Bread – Any stale or leftover bread works best because it will stay firm after it’s been dipped in the batter. Otherwise, choose dense bread like French bread, challah bread, brioche bread, or even store-bought Texas toast if time is short! Even raisin bread and banana bread will do – as long as it’s thick enough to soak up that delicious batter!
Batter – Use fresh large eggs for that extra custard coating. Any milk works just fine in this recipe like whole milk, or for a richer French toast use heavy cream. Make the batter dairy-free by using almond, oat, coconut, or hemp milk. Sugar is optional, as well as any sugar-free alternative.
Adjust the cinnamon amount to your preference or switch up the flavor with this homemade gingerbread spice or this festive pumpkin pie spice. Add vanilla extract if desired.
Add a dash of maple extract to the batter for French toast sticks that don’t need maple syrup!
How to Make French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer
Preheating the air fryer is important because as soon as the hot air hits the food, it starts to crisp up on the outside while keeping the inside of the food tender.
- Cut each piece of bread into 4 sticks.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together and dip sticks into the batter, coating on all sides.
- Cook them in a single layer until the sticks are golden brown and puffed up, (as per recipe below), flipping halfway through. Serve hot.
Storing & Reheating
Keep leftover Air Fryer French toast sticks in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat them in the air fryer. Freeze cooked French toast sticks in a zippered bag for about 4 weeks and reheat frozen French toast sticks in the air fryer or bake in the toaster oven.
More Breakfast Ideas
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- 8 slices bread thick cut or Texas toast
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Line the air fryer basket with parchment.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 sticks.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and salt together in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each stick into the egg mixture, rolling to coat, and place in the air fryer basket. Repeat with as many pieces as will fit in the air fryer at once.
- Air fry for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through, until sticks are golden and puffed.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer French Toast Sticks Recipe