It’s fun & easy to make Air Fryer Monkey Bread Minis with canned biscuits!
Slumber parties aren’t the same without hand-held cups of mini monkey bread to wake up to! The classic baked version is scaled-down in size but still has all ooey-gooey, cinnamon sugar goodness as the original. Make every day a special day with this easy air fryer recipe. Ready in in less than 15 minutes, with minimal clean up!
Air Fryer Monkey Bread
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Mini Monkey Bread
- Pull apart homemade monkey bread is such a fun way to start the day. All it takes is a can of biscuits and some sweet ingredients from the pantry. Then let the air fryer do all the work!
- Why heat up the oven when the air fryer makes light and fluffy baked goods in minutes? Mini monkey bread is hand-held and portable when made in muffin cups. They’re the perfect breakfast for those busy mornings! Serve with a tasty Pineapple Green Smoothie or a Berry Smoothie to round out the morning.
- Make an extra batch and take them to the office or bring them to a weekend brunch. Kids and grown-ups alike love air fryer monkey bread muffins, perfect for dipping in coffee or cocoa!
Ingredients & Variations
BISCUITS: No need to buy name-brand biscuits, any kind will do. Pillsbury has a selection of biscuits in various sizes to make any amount you like!
BROWN SUGAR SAUCE: Monkey bread needs a sticky sauce to keep all the pieces together. Swerve can be used for a sugar-free version and can also be used in the cinnamon sugar stage. Flavored coffee syrup can be added to the pan with butter and brown sugar to create new flavors! Try peanut butter, toffee, white chocolate, or even banana—just omit the water.
TOPPINGS: Top monkey bread with chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans, or even mini chocolate chips.
How to Make Air Fryer Monkey Bread
Mini monkey bread comes together so easily.
- Toss dough pieces in cinnamon sugar.
- Divide the pieces equally into muffin cups.
- Melt brown sugar in butter and pour over each cup. (Top with nuts, if desired.)
- Bake in the air fryer (as per the recipe below) until the monkey bread is golden brown on top.
PRO TIP: Toast nuts in a dry sauté pan to make them extra crunchy!
Tips for the Best Monkey Bread
- For best results, always preheat the air fryer before cooking anything. The burst of hot air instantly seals the glaze on the outside while letting the pieces bake up light and fluffy.
- For batches of mini monkey bread, keep cooked portions warm in the oven or even a Crockpot, with parchment paper between the layers.
- Store leftovers at room temperature in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Don’t keep them in a plastic bag as they will stick to the tops of the muffins.
More Breakfast Ideas
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles – a two-ingredient recipe
- Air Fryer Toad In The Hole – a quirky name but easy breakfast idea.
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls – a sweet morning hello.
- Vortex Air Fryer Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Biscuits – filling!
Air Fryer Monkey Bread Minis
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 can Pillsbury biscuits
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- Heat air fryer to 350°F. Spray 8 silicone muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a Ziploc bag. Cut biscuits into four pieces and toss in the bag of sugar until fully coated.
- Divide the dough equally into the muffin cups and set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat butter, brown sugar, and water until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Place the muffin cups in the air fryer basket and pour the brown sugar mixture over the cups.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or just until biscuit pieces are golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!