Vortex Air Fryer Shepard’s Pie
This is one of my family’s favorites – Shepard’s Pie!
This is actually a pretty easy meal to make and only takes about 30 minutes total! This time I made it using a spring pan, you could easily use any pan you have that will fit in the air fryer!
Cook the potatoes and then cook the ground beef mixture. I actually like to use my Instant Pot for both of these if I am making pieces of this recipe ahead of time. This time I used my Instant Pot for the potatoes, while I cooked the meat mixture.
NOTE – you can easily substitute instant potatoes to speed this recipe up!
Gather your ingredients and start to build your pie. Beef first…
Then English peas…
Then your potatoes…
Smooth the potatoes until they are flat on top.
Top with cheese. Normally we use cheddar but I only had Mexican so that is what I used!
Cook for 20 minutes. We like gooey cheese not crispy. If you like crisp cheese, turn the Vortex to broil for the last few minutes. Make sure to watch it!
Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes if you use a spring pan. You only need to let it set a few if you use a regular pan!
Air Fryer Shepherd's Pie
Mashed Potato Topping
- 2 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes or leftover mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded, optional
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef or lamb
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 packet brown gravy mix (3 Tbs.)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Mashed Potato Topping
- In a medium bowl add prepared mashed potatoes, milk, melted butter and cheddar cheese (if using). Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine beef or lamb, onion and garlic in a large skillet. Cook over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add frozen vegetables, gravy mix, Worcestershire sauce, thyme leaves, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, and simmer at medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Place the beef mixture in the bottom of an air fryer/heat safe pan. Top with the potato mixture.
- Place pan in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and the top is golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!