Bone-in pork chops in the air fryer make for a delicious and easy main dish.
In just minutes, you can have tender, juicy pork chops with a delectable brown sugar glaze on the table.
Give each chop a dollop of garlic butter for the perfect finish.
Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Pork chops with the bone have so much more flavor than boneless. They also tend to have a good amount of fat which is crucial for flavor and preventing the meat from drying out.
- For an inexpensive budget cut, look no further than rib-cut chops. Although they tend to have less meat than loin chops which are farther back on the animal, they are very tender.
- Pork chops are a versatile meat that can be baked and seasoned in myriad ways! Let your creativity shine and try different sauces, rubs, and seasoning mixes every time you make them. Start with this basic seasoned salt.
Pork Chops – Look for fresh chops that are at least 1 inch thick and pinkish red in color, with light-colored bones, and some fat marbling. Rib cut chops tend to be smaller and less pricey than loin chops, but both are very flavorful. Frozen pork chops are an option, and should be thawed before prepping for the air fryer.
Variations – Pork is mild-flavored and can be seasoned in many ways, often with something sweet in the mix like brown sugar, which is especially good on pork.
Try smoked paprika with garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard, or cayenne pepper. Chops smothered in a white sauce with mushrooms are creamy and delicious.
How to Air Fry Bone-In Pork Chops
- Pat the pork chops dry and then coat with oil.
- Rub seasoning and brown sugar into the meat (as per the recipe below).
- Place in the air fryer and cook, flipping halfway through.
Top with garlic butter and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Air Fryer Cooking Tip
Don’t try to save time by crowding the air fryer basket. Instead, cook the meat in batches if necessary. You won’t be sorry, since it will turn out deliciously tender and worth the wait.
- Leftover pork chops can be stored in the refrigerator for three to four days. To freeze, individually wrap and store in them in the freezer for three months.
- To reheat, preheat the air fryer to 375° and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Did you enjoy the Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops? Leave a rating and comment below!
Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops
- 1 pound bone-in center cut pork chop 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic butter
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels.
- Rub the chops with oil, then sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, and pepper and gently rub the mixture into the chops.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the chops in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd and cook for 6 minutes. Flip the chop over and cook for an additional 3 to 7 minutes or until the chop reaches 140°F.
- Remove from the basket and transfer to a plate. Top with butter and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Air fryers can vary, check the chops early.
If the chops are less than 1-inch, reduce the cooking time. Thicker chops will need extra time.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!