Stuffed Mushrooms are filled with a rich cheesy filling and cooked until juicy in the air fryer. Serve these bites as a snack, an appetizer or even a side dish.
How to Prep Mushrooms for Stuffing
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping with a damp paper towel.
- Remove the stem by holding it and bending it to the side, it should remove itself from the mushroom.
- Hollow out the center a bit more using a small spoon. This allows for more filling.
What to Stuff Mushrooms With
Mushrooms can be stuffed with anything and everything! We love to start with cream cheese as a base because it’s rich and adds flavor. Have fun experimenting with what you have in your fridge! Add any of the following to the filling:
- leftover taco meat
- jalapenos and bacon
- sausage and cheddar
- pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozza
- shrimp, old bay seasoning and parmesan
Make Ahead & Freezer Directions
These mushrooms can be prepared up to 48 hours ahead of time and stored in the fridge. They can also be frozen however the texture of the mushroom will change slightly if frozen. To Freeze Prep the recipe as directed and place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them to a sealed container or freezer bag. To bake from frozen preheat the air fryer as directed. You will need to add about 4 minutes of cook time.
Air Fryer Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 medium white mushrooms cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated plus extra for topping if desired
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper or to taste
- Remove the stem from the mushroom caps and scoop out the center with a spoon.
- Finely chop the stems. Place in a small skillet with garlic cloves and cook over medium heat until tender. Cool.
- Mix cream cheese, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in the mushroom stems.
- Fill the mushrooms with the cheese mixture and top with additional parmesan if desired.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F. Add mushrooms and cook 7-9 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.