Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms are a cheesy and delicious appetizer!
Who can resist homemade stuffed mushrooms? This retro recipe is made even easier by cooking them in the air fryer. White button mushrooms are stuffed with a savory garlic cream cheese filling and cooked until juicy and delish.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Cheesy Appetizer
- Everyone loves these bite-sized appetizers and they are so easy to make with just a few ingredients and even fewer steps. Mix and match ingredients or use up leftovers!
- The air fryer makes appetizers in minutes, saving time, energy, and clean-up!
- Stuffed mushrooms are great for buffet tables because they hold up perfectly, hot, warm, or cold!
Ingredients & Variations
MUSHROOMS Choose whole mushrooms that are similar in size so they cook at the same rate.
Make an individual-sized dish of stuffed mushrooms using portobello mushrooms with the gills scooped out and cooked the same as the stems in Step 2.
CHEESE Cream cheese has a mild flavor that melts perfectly! Add some shredded cheddar, bleu cheese crumbles, or feta to switch it up!
Diced bell peppers, chopped water chestnuts, and bacon bits will also dress up the recipe!
How to Prep Mushrooms for Stuffing
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a damp paper towel.
- Remove the stem by holding it and bending it to the side, it should remove itself from the mushroom.
- Hollow out the center a bit more using a small spoon. This allows for even more delicious filling.
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms in the Air Fryer
This appetizer has gourmet appeal but is so easy to prepare and cook.
- Prepare mushroom caps, chop stems, and saute with garlic until tender.
- Allow to cool, then mix in remaining ingredients (per recipe below).
- Fill each cap with cheese mixture and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.
- Air fry in a single layer until cooked through and lightly browned.
Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Make-Ahead & Freezer Directions
These mushrooms can be prepared up to 48 hours ahead of time and stored in the fridge. They can also be frozen however the texture of the mushroom will change slightly if frozen.
To Freeze, prep the recipe as directed and place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them to a sealed container or freezer bag.
To bake from frozen, preheat the air fryer as directed. Then cook following the recipe instructions, adding about 4 additional minutes of cook time.
Tips for Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
- Clean mushrooms by brushing off any dirt and wiping clean if necessary. Avoid washing them so they don’t soak up too much water and get spongy during cooking.
- To speed up the mixing process, let the cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients.
- Keep air-fried mushrooms in a warm oven if cooking in batches and reheat leftovers in the air fryer or pop them under the broiler for large batches.
More Mushroom Recipes
- Air Fryer Mushrooms and Asparagus – quick and easy recipe
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – super healthy dish
- Vortex Air Fryer Mushroom Stuffed Bell Peppers – a fantastic meal
- Instant Pot Bourbon Chicken & Shrimp – full of flavor
- Instant Pot Steak Potato and Mushroom Soup – easy and comforting
Air Fryer Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 medium white mushrooms cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated plus extra for topping if desired
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper or to taste
- Remove the stem from the mushroom caps and scoop out the center with a spoon.
- Finely chop the stems. Place in a small skillet with butter and garlic cloves and cook over medium heat until tender. Cool.
- Mix cream cheese, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in the mushroom stems.
- Fill the mushrooms with the cheese mixture and top with additional parmesan if desired.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F. Add mushrooms and cook 7-9 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- To avoid spongy mushrooms, instead of washing them clean by brushing off any dirt and wiping clean if necessary.
- If your mushrooms are falling over as you close the air fryer, place the mushrooms in a small pan or use foil to hold them upright.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!