Who knew you could make authentic, chewy air fryer bagels?
With just a few basic ingredients and a couple of steps, bagels are ready for snacking or even making into mini pizzas! Shape them any size that suits your needs and top them with sesame seeds or everything bagel seasoning.
Easy Air Fryer Bagels
- Making air fryer bagels is a great way to experiment with all the things the air fryer can do and this recipe is so easy!
- The air fryer does more than reheat frozen foods; you can bake all kinds of breads and pastries in minutes with minimal cleanup!
- Bake bagels in the air fryer and use them all week for breakfast, a grab-and-go snack, a hearty sandwich, or slice them into bagel chips! Pop one in a backpack, a briefcase, or a workout bag for a quick snack!
- Air fryer bagels freeze beautifully! Simply make, cook, wrap, and freeze! Pop one or two out and toast them for breakfast sandwiches, mini pizzas, or simply smear them with cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Bagels
DOUGH: Be sure to use proper measurements and that your yeast is fresh. Brown sugar and honey give bagels just a little bit of sweetness and help provide a caramelized color. Feel free to mix in dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano. Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or even taco seasoning will make new bagels every time!
Top bagels with anything!
- Parmesan cheese
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Flake sea salt
- Dried onions
- Poppy seeds
- Cinnamon sugar
How to Make Air Fryer Bagels
Just follow these simple steps:
- Prepare yeast dough as per the recipe below, and allow it to rise for an hour.
- Divide the dough into equal round pieces and poke a hole in the center to make a bagel shape.
- Boil the bagels briefly.
- Brush with egg wash and bake in the air fryer until golden brown.
PRO TIP: Avoid boiling the bagels too long or they will start absorbing the water and become soggy.
PRO TIP: Make sure there is enough space between each bagel so they cook evenly.
Best Way to Store Bagels
Keep air fryer bagels in a covered container at room temperature up to two days or freeze them up to a month.
What to Serve With Bagels
Air Fryer Bagels
- ¾ cup warm water (about 100-110°F)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast (1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- toppings of your choice (flake sea salt, sesame seeds, everything bagel seasoning, etc)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the warm water, yeast, and brown sugar.
- Next, add the flour and salt and stir the dough together using a dough whisk or wooden spoon. You can also do this in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook if you prefer.
- Once a shaggy dough forms, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for 2-3 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and only slightly sticky to the touch.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and set it aside to rise for one hour.
- After the dough has risen, divide it into 4 and shape into balls.
- Poke a hole through the center of each ball to create the traditional bagel shape.
- Bring a large pot of water (about 4 quarts) to a boil. Add the honey and stir to combine.
- Boil the bagels, one at a time, for 30 seconds per side. Then remove the bagels and place them on a sheet of parchment paper that has been lined with nonstick spray.
- Lightly spray your air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Add the bagels to the basket, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Beat the egg with a small splash of water (about 1 tablespoon) to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash over the top of each bagel and sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
- Cook at 375°F for 8-10 minutes, or until the bagels are golden brown.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Air Fryer Bagels Recipe