Roasted rainbow carrots made in the air fryer are a recipe not to be missed!
Sweet, tri-color carrots come out tender with a caramelized honey glaze in just a few minutes in the air fryer. These are so delicious to make as a side dish with a special meal or just for snacking. What a great way to get kids to eat their veggies!
Our Fave Rainbow Carrots Recipe!
- The air fryer cooks all kinds of foods using less oil resulting in lower calories while still retaining all the flavor. And cleanup is a cinch!
- Roasted tri-color carrots come in jewel-tone colors like purple, yellow, orange, red, and even white and make for a striking appetizer or side dish!
- Carrots are healthy, affordable, and available year-round so it makes sense to cook this flavorful recipe in batches and serve at a party or potluck! Keep batches warm in the oven and place them under the broiler to crisp them up just before serving.
Ingredients & Variations
CARROTS: Tri-color carrots are a colorful versions of regular carrots but are still just as sweet. No need to peel before using! Use any carrot in this recipe including baby carrots or make a veggie medley and air fry carrots with diced potatoes, halved brussels sprouts, or even bell peppers if desired.
SEASONINGS: Just a little oil and some honey are all it takes to bring out the best of tri-color carrots. Switch out the honey for maple syrup, brown sugar, or a splash of balsamic vinegar. Butter or leftover bacon grease can be used instead of olive oil, if available.
How to Roast Rainbow Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Toss carrots with ingredients (per recipe below) and air fry until tender and crisp.
- Garnish with parsley before serving, if desired.
What to Serve with Roasted Rainbow Carrots?
Tri-color carrots go with anything! Put the air fryer to work again and serve with juicy chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, honey glazed air fryer ham, easy bourbon meatloaf, or some tender air fryer steak.
Keep leftover air fryer tri-color carrots in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer before serving. Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks. Cook from frozen in the air fryer, if desired.
Favorite Air Fryer Veggies
- Roasted Okra – Sweet and distinct
- Easy Air Fryer Radishes – Low carb
- Air Fryer Roasted Peppers – Crisp
- Air Fryer Green Beans – Sesame-ginger flavor
Air Fryer Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- ½ pound tri-color carrots 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss the carrots with the remaining ingredients until fully coated.
- Place carrots in the air fryer basket and cook for 7-8 minutes and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!