Cook up these air fryer brats for a quick meal or appetizer!
Hot and juicy bratwurst sausages come out plump and flavorful, ready to dress up in all the fixins!
Brats in the air fryer are a game-day game-changer!
Easy Air Fryer Bratwursts
- Two steps and 15 minutes for hot and juicy brats from the Ninja Air Fryer? Yes, please!
- Cooking brats has never been easier than popping them in the air fryer!
- Make extra and use them in recipes all week long!
- This recipe is perfect for indoor grilling on a rainy day or if a handful of hungry teens are over for movie night! Add some air fryer curly fries and potato chips to get the party started!
Ingredients and Variations
Bratwurst – There are a variety of Johnsonville brats from cheddar cheese to beer brats, just be sure to check if they are raw, pre-cooked, or fully cooked and adjust cook times as necessary. Frozen brats will need more cook time. Try German sausage, chicken sausage, or beef in this recipe!
Toppings – Use your favorite simple condiments like ketchup, mustard, and relish. Sauerkraut, grilled onions, stone ground mustard, horseradish, or pickled jalapenos will uplevel your brats flavor!
Rolls – Sturdy rolls only, for brats! These thick and hearty dogs need a dense roll, especially if they’ll be smothered in toppings. We like hoagie rolls, pretzel rolls, or ciabatta buns. Skip the rolls for an easy low carb and keto dinner.
How to Make Brats in the Air Fryer
- Add uncooked brats in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 8 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook another 7-8 minutes until cooked through. Serve hot.
Best Tips for Juicy Brats
- Always preheat the air fryer
- A meat thermometer is the best way to ensure brats are fully cooked inside. It should read 165°F inserted in the center.
- Allow space for airflow between the brats so they cook evenly through.
Keep leftover Air Fryer brats in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat leftover brats in the air fryer on high power to re-crisp the skin while reheating the inside.
Slice brats 1” thick and reheat them before serving them with a toothpick as appetizers with a dipping sauce like honey mustard, add them to air-fried mushrooms and asparagus, or chop them up for an omelet.
Air Fryer Brats
- 1 pound uncooked bratwurst
- 5 hoagie rolls optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Place the brats in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Flip the brats over and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve in rolls with desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!