Make bratwursts in the air fryer for a quick and easy way to get that grilled flavor!
Air Fryer brats are the answer whenever the weather isn’t cooperating or you’re short on time. Top them with sauerkraut, relish, mustard, ketchup, and fried onions for a quick dinner that everyone will enjoy. Air fryer bratwurst sausages come out juicy, tender, and bursting with flavor.
Quick & Easy Air Fryer Brats Recipe
- When the gang’s all here for the big game, air fryer brats are a hearty meal for big appetites! Set out a tray of toppings and condiments and let everyone build their own hoagie!
- Last-minute cravings are no match for the air fryer! Make brats in minutes with minimal clean-up!
- Cook fresh bratwurst in batches and use all week long in your favorite recipes!
Ingredients & Variations
BRATWURST: Bratwursts are German sausages that have a strong, smoky flavor with garlic and savory herbs like cloves and marjoram. Brats can be made with pork, veal, and sometimes beef.
Check packaging labels to determine if they are raw or uncooked, precooked or fully cooked, and frozen as many popular brands sell variations.
TOPPINGS: Classic toppings for brats are sauerkraut, onions, or a variety of grilled veggies. Dark mustards like stone-ground are often mixed with horseradish to make the perfect sauce for brats! Top with cheese sauce and create a new classic!
ROLLS: Hoagie rolls are sturdy enough to hold a brat and the toppings, and also to soak up the juices. Toast the open rolls under the broiler and rub a clove of garlic over them to bump up the flavor!
How Long to Cook Brats in the Air Fryer?
This simple 2 step recipe takes just 15 minutes to cook in the air fryer!
- Place bratwurst in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook (per the recipe below) flipping halfway through.
Our Best Tips for Juicy Brats
- Be sure the bratwurst reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F (without overcooking) before serving by using a meat thermometer.
- When cooking for a crowd, cook in batches and toss back in air fryer for 1-2 minutes to reheat before serving.
- Reheat leftover brats in the air fryer to keep the skin crisp and inside juicy.
- Have leftovers? Slice them and serve with a toothpick as appetizers (with a mustard dipping sauce), or add them to a soup, an omelet, or a stir-fry.
More Sausage Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Smoked Sausage – a juicy main or appetizer
- Air Fryer Mixed Vegetables with Sausage and Ravioli – hearty and healthy
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash and Sausage – a delicious meal in one
- Air Fryer Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – so flavorful
Air Fryer Brats
- 1 pound uncooked bratwurst
- 5 hoagie rolls optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Place the brats in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Flip the brats over and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve in rolls with desired toppings.