Vortex Air Fryer Scotch Eggs Made with Smoked Sausage
This is a fun spin on traditional breakfast and it can be made Keto!
A Scotch egg consists of a soft or hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated in bread crumbs and baked or deep-fried. Using an air fryer this British treat can be a whole lot healthier!
Traditionally these are made with runny yolks so you could half cook the eggs and make them that way as well.
Simply use a little food processor to grind up the sausage. Add the pork rinds too
Use your hands to mold the sausage mixture around the hard-boiled egg.
Pop them in the air fryer and BAM you got Scotch eggs!
Vortex Air Fryer Scotch Eggs w/ Smoked Sausage
- 12 eggs
- ½ lb smoked sausage
- ½ cup pork rinds - ground could use bread crumbs if you don't want low carb
- Boil 11 eggs in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes (quick release) Once the eggs are done let them cool and peel them.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Open up the smoked sausage and put it in a small food processor, add the remaining egg and pork rinds and mix until fully combined.
- Wrap the sausage mixture around the eggs and place them in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes in the air fryer or until golden brown in color.
- Cut in half to serve - add Easy Hollandaise Sauce if desired!