OK I am relinquishing my coveted collard green recipe that I created. It is awesome and amazes everyone who eats them. The best part is they are very low carb and Keto friendly 🙂
The secret to REALLY great collard greens is bacon grease. I keep a container of it around at all times, mainly because I CAN being on Keto!
Here’s how to make the magic happen….
Instant Pot Collard Greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sausage ham or bacon
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 bunch collard greens rinsed and stalks trimmed out
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Set the instant pot to saute and heat the olive oil in the pot, add the onion and sausage and saute until they are fully cooked about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the collards and the chicken stock making sure the greens are fully submerged in the liquid.
- Select “Manual” and set it for 30 minutes. Once done cooking slow release the pot.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!