Buffalo chicken wontons turn buffalo chicken dip into crispy snack bites!
These easy, cheesy wonton bites are impossible to resist! Spicy little bites are filled with chicken and a tangy buffalo cream cheese sauce and they’re perfect for any occasion! Bet you can’t eat just one!
The Best Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- These restaurant-style appies taste deep-fried but are made only with a spray of olive oil so they have less fat and fewer calories!
- The air fryer is the perfect kitchen appliance for getting tasty apps on the table in minutes!
- Two steps and ten minutes is all it takes to get crispy apps just in time for the big game! Keep batches warmed in the oven until ready to serve.
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – Get a rotisserie chicken that’s precooked and seasoned and save tons of time! Or use up leftover cooked turkey, crumbled ground beef, or sausage.
Cream Cheese – Room temperature cream cheese will mix faster and easier with the rest of the ingredients. Buy or make buffalo sauce or use BBQ sauce, or both!
Extras – Other fun and colorful mix-ins are chopped black olives or water chestnuts, green chiles, and even chopped spinach or coleslaw!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wontons in the Air Fryer
- Combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers in a bowl.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of each wrapper, fold over, and seal with water (as per the recipe below).
- Fry wontons in the air fryer for about 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Storing Buffalo Chicken Wontons
Keep leftover air fryer buffalo chicken wontons in an airtight container for up to 3 days and reheat them in the air fryer.
Buffalo chicken wontons can be frozen in a zippered bag for up to a month and can be reheated from frozen in the air fryer or baked until heated through.
More Easy Air Fryer Appetizers
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
- olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, stir together the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese buffalo sauce, mozzarella cheese, green onion, and garlic powder.
- Add a heaping spoonful (about 2 teaspoons) to the center of each wonton. Brush the edges of the wonton wrapper with water and then fold them over to seal. Repeat with the remaining wontons.
- Spray the air fryer basket generously with olive oil spray and add as many wontons as will fit– make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer.
- Spray the top of the wontons with olive oil spray and cook at 400F for 8-10 minutes, or until the wontons are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Buffalo Chicken Wontons Recipe