Cajun chicken thighs are incredibly easy to make!
They’ve got a spicy Cajun kick with tender, juicy meat and extra crispy skin! Just three ingredients and less than 30 minutes will deliver hot appetizers that everyone will love. They are best when served with ranch, blue cheese, honey mustard, or any of your favorite dips. And because they are cooked with the bone in and skin intact, these hearty snacks are supercharged with juiciness and flavor!
3-Ingredient Chicken Thighs
- This recipe for Cajun chicken thighs will make delicious hot appetizers that will make everyone beg for more! And they’re ready just in time for the big game, a party, or a picnic! Serve with ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping!
- Cooking chicken in the air fryer is positively foolproof! Every cut from fresh to frozen always comes out delicious! Once you master cooking chicken in the air fryer, it’ll be your favorite way!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Chicken thighs are the perfect size for a bite or two! Use any variety of skin on/bone-in or boneless/skinless. Even fresh chicken wings or drumsticks can be used in this recipe by simply adjusting for cook time.
SEASONING: Cajun seasoning has a bold flavor that sometimes can be too spicy. To tame that heat, mix the seasoning in a bowl with a little bit of brown sugar. Not only will this tame the heat, but also helps the seasoning melt to the skin.
How to Cook Cajun Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
Make chicken thighs the easy way with these simple steps!
- Toss wings with oil and Cajun seasoning (as per recipe below).
- Cook in the air fryer for 18-20 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
PRO TIP: Always check for doneness using a meat thermometer placed in the thickest part of the meat away from the bone. It should read 165°F.
Tips for Crispy Chicken Thighs
- For best results, always preheat the air fryer before using. This allows the heat to instantly seal in the juicy flavors and crisp the skin on the outside.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer so the air can circulate and cook evenly.
- Cook Cajun chicken thighs in batches and keep them warm in the oven. Add them all back to the air fryer right before serving to crisp them up, if desired.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Herb Chicken
- Cajun Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs skin on bone in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Evenly coat chicken with the olive oil, and season with cajun seasoning.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 18-20 minutes, flipping the thighs after 10 minutes.
- Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© EverythingAirFryer.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!