Quick and Easy Instant Pot Gumbo Recipe
Gumbo has never been easier with this instant pot recipe.Pin Recipe Print Recipe
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium bell peppers red & green diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 package andouille sausage
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breasts cubed
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 cup okra sliced
- 1 pound raw shrimp tail removed, deveined
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped and peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to “Saute” and add olive oil. Add peppers, onion, celery, garlic, and sausage and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove all vegetables and sausage. Set aside.
- Add butter to the instant pot and stir, scraping up any cooked bits from the bottom of the pot. When butter is melted, add flour.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly until dark brown, forming a roux. Turn cooker off.
- Add chicken broth, cooked vegetables, sausage, chicken, Creole seasoning, Rotel, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position.
- Press “Manual” and select “High Pressure.” Set time to 20 minutes. When the timer is done quick release the pot and turn the valve to venting.
- When pressure is fully released, remove lid and stir in okra. Press “Saute”, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
Calories: 712kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 227mg | Sodium: 1853mg | Potassium: 1108mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1960IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 3mg