Best Instant Pot Stone Ground Cheese Grits
These are the best grits EVER! You need to find some quality grits. We use Bradley’s Country Store grits. You can buy online here.
Bradley’s Country Milled Grits are stone ground, coarse grits, milled on Bradley’s premises from southern select Dent corn. They contain no additives or preservatives. The corn is ground extra coarse which requires a longer cooking time, but allows the true, robust flavor of the corn to come through. We hope that as you enjoy these old-fashioned grits. You will also be savoring the flavor of a time gone by. Sold In 2 lb bags.
Check your local stores you might be able to find some good local grown ones!
These are fantastic as a meal just top with bacon, sausage, chives, or anything else you have on hand.
Instant Pot Southern Style Stone Ground Cheese Grits
- 1 cups stone ground grits
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spray inside of Instant Pot with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Add water, grits, boullion cube, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and select "Porridge".
- Once the grits are done, let it naturally release. Test them for doneness. Cook 10 more minutes if they aren't done enough for your liking.
- Stir in butter and cheese. Serve with more butter.